Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Sprintscan 120

"Slavitt, Howard" wrote:

.  At 4000 dpi, this gives me files of about 660 Megabytes in 10
> minutes!  If I scan at 1/2 maximum resolution, 2000 dpi, the scan time drops
> to only 2 minutes or less for 6 cm x 9 cm slides, and I get an excellent 160
> MB 48 bit file, which is 80 MB after reduced to 24 bit color.  Sharpness on
> the scans is excellent.  35 mm scans are also very nice; 4000 dpi in 48 bit
> mode in about 2 minutes.

As you probably recognize, cutting resolution down by half also reduces
the amount of data to one fourth, so it takes about one forth the time,
and takes up one fourth the storage space.
And of course, reducing the bit depth by half, also halves the file size
again.

I'll leave the medium format scanning issues to people using those
scanners.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.