Re: filmscanners: Primefilm 1800i

Jawed Ashraf wrote:

> I have a 1800.  It is made by a company called Pacific Image whose website is
> at:
>
> www.scanace.com
>

> The scanner can only take bare strips of film - it won't accept mounted
> slides.

The units sold in North America scan slides as well.  It is both stated
in the printed literature they sent me, and was also demoed to me at
Comdex.

The picture of the units in the literature shows a 2" x 2" carrier that
locks into the film channel, and the slide slips in under this device.
Perhaps your unit was missing this part?

I will send you a scan of this via private mail, so you can see how it
works.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.