Re: filmscanners: Silverfast and LS1000

Yes thats the reason.. other scanners multiscan before the frame advances, thus
they get perfect registration.. The acer must scan the whole image and then
average it with another scan.. all things considered the Acer does a good job..
you would be amazed if you tried multiscanning with an old HP S20.. horrible
registration.

"Frank Nichols" <frank@theNichols.net>  wrote:

>The reason I
>said "appears" is that I assume there is some slack or play in the transport
>mechanism and perfect can not be achivied.

Herm
Astropics http://home.att.net/~hermperez

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.