Re: filmscanners: Wierd Problem with my SS120!

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:31:41 -0400  Lawrence Smith (lsmith@lwsphoto.com)
wrote:

> I have
> however had some strange behavior from the scanner that I'm sure is not
> meant to occur.  Three times so far it has gone dead while doing a
> preview.
> When I say dead, I mean DEAD!  Power light goes dark, fan goes off, the
> thing basicaly shuts  itself off!  I can't imagine that this is a
> feature
> ;-0.

I would check your mains connectors, just to be sure it's not simply a bad
connection deteriorating under load. If possible, try a different power
lead and mains socket.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner