Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Rob Suisted wrote:

> Hi There
>
> Everything seems to have gone quiet on the early experiences with
> the new Nikon 8000, after an early flourish.
>
> Is there a cover up conspiracy......... ;->
>
> We're all waiting with baited breath to hear more before many of
> us jump I suspect.......

No, I've been pretty open about some of the
problems I've seen (banding, limited depth-of-
field, etc.)  Lawrence Smith was the first to
report the banding, and I sent in a couple of
posts about seeing more or less the same effect
on mine, along with a possible workaround in
the scanner driver.

But I have seen no reports whatsoever from users
of the LS-120.  No coverup.  Curious silence from
the "other" camp.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.