filmscanners: Two questions

1. Is there any possibility to modify the Nikon filmholders so that the scan
from Nikon LS-4000ED become as sharp  as those from Canon FS-4000SU
(comparison at www.imaging-resource.com - fragments of the Musician scan)
Nikon scans are obviously more blurred and I don't think it's the optics'
fault.

2. Nikon LS-4000ED scans exhibit very much less noise than those from Canon.
My question is: in real life, on print is the noise from any of those two
scanner visible at all?
Of course I can see the noise when playing with levels in PS but I don't
know if I should worry about it or simply ignore it.

If I were to choose between sharpness and noise levels I'd choose sharpness.
But I have to state once again that I don't wkon what's the effect and
visibility of noise in real life pictures on photographic paper or from an
ink-jet.

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.