Re: filmscanners: why not digital minilabs?

At 10:14 PM 6/28/01 +0200, Tomasz wrote:

>Most of you use ink-jet printers for the output of your pictures.
>Why don't you use digital minilabs, like Fuji Frontier?
>Great quality, 300dpi, up to 22x13,7", archival quality (especially on Fuji
>Crystal Archive Paper) and last but not last photographic paper.
>
>I will read your answers with great interest.

Speaking for myself... because I'm a control freak.
I like having complete control of the print.  If it's
not right, I can do it again.  The cost is low enough
to allow that.

I have used Lightjet (Cymbolics CS-5000) to make some
very large prints on occasion, or when a client
specifically requests archival output.

I've been meaning to give one of the Fuji Pictography
machines a try, but never got around to it.

rafe b.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.