Re: filmscanners: Printing: Settings, calibration & whatever

Your printer is looking for a good printer profile - it is essentially a
filter that tells Photoshop how the printer prints colors and then adjusts
the sent R-G-B messages accordingly.

The Epson printers have some stock Printer Profiles available for sale
online - you might check on the Leben Epson printer list or at
Epson-Inkjet Resources: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet

There are companies that sell software to make your unique printer profile
at not that great an expense, and this may be your best option.
Two that come to mind are WiziWYG at
http://www.praxisoft.com/products/wiziwyg.html and Profiler RGB at
http://www.colorcal.com/

I would also recommend reading 2 of color-geek Bruce Fraser's articles
online as a start:

"Out of Gamut: Getting a Handle on Color Management
Color-geek extraordinaire Bruce Fraser spells out the basics in this primer
on color management systems." at
http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/13605.html

and, more for your present purposes,

"Color-Accurate Inkjets Made EZ
Three software programs claim to bring the power of high-end color science
to desktop inkjet printers. In this exclusive hands-on review, we put them
to the test"

at  http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/5708.html

Maris