Re: filmscanners: Does CMM work on Win2000?

Ramesh, here's a cautionary side-note: when I tried to use Adobe RGB on my
system, PS reset the color parameters *globally* beyond what my Dell
Trinatron monitor could compensate for--so all my scans "looked" much darker
than they really were and reacted badly (read "incredible noise") to any
attempts to lighten them.

This was probably a result of my inexperience in setting Color Management
fields in the proper places (particularly in Windows), but the caveat is
that Color management will sometimes do the unexpected (and undesired), if
*all* the proper settings are not in place. And the software doesn't do this
automatically.

Best regards--LRA