RE: filmscanners: ScanWit Yellow stain

The scan that I made is indeed OFF the planet, even on my screen, but it has
been done with the regular settings in which I scan normally exposed
negatives (gamma 2.22). I overexposed the whole roll from ISO 400 to ISO
320, should not be too much I think, but this frame came out more
overexposed than others. The print from the printing service is OK though, I
could send a flatbed scan of it (the only problem is their cropping, they
took off parts of the left door!@#$%).

Anyway, before you all start thinking I am in error here, I think I'll send
a raw scan downsampled to the list (I'll send only the link) so you can see
for yourself if it's me or the Scanwit.

The scanner does not work OK on normally-exposed materials in the sense that
even though the errors are much less visible, they are still there, most
noticeably on even coloured or light colored parts of a scan from negative
and on dark colored parts of a positive. Its ruining the wedding shots we
have taken from our family.

Thank you for your interest,

Jerry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.