Re: filmscanners: Scanner resolution &File Sizes (& workflow)

In a message dated 6/22/2001 6:20:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ktrout@hotmail.com writes:

Rafe wrote:

>35 mm images are about 60 Mbytes (24 bit color.)
>645 images are about 160-170 Mbytes (24 bit color.)

That stands to reason, given the larger size. I'm wondering if there is a
program that would save both a TIFF and a much smaller JPEG file to HD, and
index them according film strip, date scanned and frame#. Then one could
select the best TIFFs and dump the weak ones, but still have good