Re: filmscanners: cd making question (1/1)

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:53:09 -0400  cjcronin (cjcronin@erols.com) wrote:

> I want to make/burn cd's with images on them and have a thumbnail file
> on there too, that will automatically start when the cd is popped in
> the drive. So the user will have thumbnails in front of them and then
> they can click on an image to open it. Or if they want to, they can
> close out the thumbnail file and open the files in an imaging program.
> Hope I'm making sense....
>
> Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can do this.

If you want it to be cross-platform, you can do exactly this as web pages
(ie with HTML). Anyone can then look at it in a browser.

There's a handy donationware executable, runfirst.exe which will
automatically load the index page on Win machines when used in conjunction
with a suitable  autoplay.inf file. Instructions and runfirst.exe are
contained in the attached runfirst.zip. It works very well.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons