filmscanners: ADMIN : PLEASE READ : MAIL BOUNCES

PLEASE will subscribers to the list and digest take care to empty their
POP3 mailboxes often enough to ensure consistent delivery of mails from
this list. And in fact anywhere else.

Please bear in mind that if your mailbox becomes full, EVERY message sent
is bounced back to the sender. That is ME, so for EACH bouncing address I
get the ENTIRE list volume.

At any one time there are 5-25 subscribed addresses doing this. IF IT
HAPPENS, I HAVE TO UNSUBSCRIBE YOU TO AVOID BEING DROWNED IN YOUR MAIL.

This is a PITA which takes up at least 30mins a day, especially where
Byzantine forwarding and aliasing arrangements have been deployed which
mask the subscribed ID. Headers frequently don't give sufficient info.

This is becoming a worse problem as free mail providers are taking a more
restrictive view. Bigfoot now only permits 25 mails max. THIS MEANS
BIGFOOT IS UTTERLY USELESS FOR RECEIVING THIS LIST UNLESS YOU LOG ON AND
CLEAR YOUR MAILBOX 2-3x a DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK.

All you HOTMAIL and MSN users should be aware that periodically
Hotmail/MSN DNS gets amnesia and bounce ALL mail to either domain (as
non-existent!). This happens on average once a month, and I have seen it
many times. Moral : don't use either service unless you accept that not
all mail will arrive at your account. I don't remove subscribers when this
happens though, as it is a known issue.

PLEASE CLEAR YOUR MAILBOXES OF READ MESSAGES WHILE I STILL HAVE SOME HAIR

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons