From: EdHamrick@aol.com [mailto:EdHamrick@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 12:53 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: VueScan 7.1.2 Available

I just released VueScan 7.1.2 for Windows, Mac OS 8/9/X and Linux.
It can be downloaded from:

  http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

What's new in version 7.1.2

  * Improved color and tone when scanning negatives

I'm pretty sure this fixes a lot of the problems people have
been seeing with negative scans looking flat or dull.  You'll
probably still need to experiment with "Color|Gamma" and
"Color|White point (%)" or to do some Photoshop manipulation,
but it should be a lot better.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.