Re: filmscanners: Matrox G400 vs G450

At 16:02 20-06-01 -0500, Robert Kehl wrote:
>I've been thinking about buying a Matrox G450 with the dual head feature due
>to recommendations on this list.  I just bought a workstation that will come
>with a Matrox G400.  For scanning and tweaking in PS6 is this card going to
>do as well as the G450 or should I upgrade.  What is the difference between
>these two cards?  Looking at the Matrox web site, it does not seem apparent
>to me.  Any help?

Wait a couple of weeks and buy a Matrox 550 for the same price as you'd pay
now for a 400/450. The difference between a 400 and a 450 is a slight
performance increment but the 550 offers many new and improved features.
Ref: http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/01q2/010619/index.html

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/ http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell
Just Say No: META name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE"

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.