RE: filmscanners: LED Illumination for Film Scanners

> A couple of years ago someone on the darkroom newsgroup was working on an
> LED light source for enlarger heads, utilizing clusters of high-intensity
> LED's. I don't know what happened to the project, but at the time a lot of
> people were really excited about the technology and the initial results
> showed a lot of promise.
>
> http://www.trailing-edge.com/www/led.html

Yes, and look at how uneven the lighting is.  For an enlarger, that may turn
out to be a very bad idea, simply because you can't adjust each individual
LED for even illumination.  At least with a CCD, you can adjust the gain for
each sensor element to get even illumination.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.