filmscanners: FS2710: how to cope with new films + scanning noise/grain

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced problems using (relatively) new series of FUJI
Superia negatives incorporating 4th color layer - 100/200/400 ASA speed? I
had decent results using FS2710/Canoscan with older FUJI films, even with
some no-name local products, however, with new films results seem much more
inconsistent with regards of color accuracy. Also, has anyone noticed if new
emulsions have finer grain as advertised - unfortunately I can't notice any
improvement....

On non-related issue, attached is simple test (17K - sorry!) I did on an
photo taken with Fuji Superia X-TRA 400. It's part of white aircraft against
odd-colored sky (was overcast). Question is about grain and noise,
especially on blue channel: is it too much of it or I'm just exaggerating or
no? NOTE: it has not been sharpened which seems to me almost necessary with
FS2710 scans

TIA,

Salinger Igor