RE: filmscanners: Time to upgrade: Opinions wanted

Ed,

> If I were only buying one film scanner, I'd buy the CoolScan IV (LS-40).
> It's a really terrific scanner.

I will given this serious consideration.  I'd narrowed the choice down to
the LS 4000 or SS 120 (I know, these are in different leagues), and was
leaning toward the latter (since I _am_ only buying one film scanner, and
can afford to spend up to $3k).

Are you suggesting that the LS-40 represents better value (less resolution
and D-Max, but also less expensive), or that the differences in
resolution/D-Max are so small as to be insignificant, or that this scanner
has less bugs than others and so is worth the trade-offs in res/D-Max?  Or
all of the above?

Thanks,
Dan

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.