RE: filmscanners: Magnification of light - AND brief density math lesson...

> Yes, your log numbers make total sense, as usual. :-)
>
> But, as you imply, the theoretical numbers don't completely correspond to
> "Real World" performance. Other factors literally enter into the picture.
> Noise, for example, and the light/dark "star" (halo) aberations
> for another.
>
> I guess my question is whether these relate to the function of
> the CCDs or
> the mechanical optics of the scanner. Or for that matter, both?

I believe they relate to everything!  One big issue for me, is A/D
converters always lose the bottom bit, it's just the nature of the
beast...so the bottom bit can be off by 1/2 the value of that code.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.