RE: filmscanners: Magnification of light - AND brief density math lesson...

Yes, your log numbers make total sense, as usual. :-)

But, as you imply, the theoretical numbers don't completely correspond to
"Real World" performance. Other factors literally enter into the picture.
Noise, for example, and the light/dark "star" (halo) aberations for another.

I guess my question is whether these relate to the function of the CCDs or
the mechanical optics of the scanner. Or for that matter, both?

Best regards--LRA