filmscanners: Superia vs Reala

Hi,

> >Which is better (Reala or Superia)
> >at the same ISO?  Given that I like Reala,
> >would I like Superia?

Reala is the same emulsion as Fuji uses in their APS films. In order to
produce decent results on APS they've had to reduce the grain size
dramatically. This is now to the benefit of 35mm film as they are improved
by using the same technology.

As far as I remember the datasheets for Superia and Reala at the same ISO,
Reala is a tad better (sharper). Furthermore, Reala produces natural colors
even under florescent light. I don't know it the latter is a result of some
knob tweaking in the printing lab or not...

Another film you may want to try is Fuji NPC 160. It's a professional high
contrast negative film rated at ISO 160. It prints similar to Reala -- it's
just 2/3 stop faster.

Tom

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.