Re: filmscanners: Fast, decent, low res scans

>On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:33:43 -0400  Lynn Allen (lynn_allen@angelfire.com)
>wrote:
>
>>  Ouch! I don't think that I, for one, realized that Phil's G4 wouldn't
>>  use a standard SCISI card. Aparently, Acer didn't, either.
>
>Acer used a SCSI card which didn't require a terminator, so almost
>certainly was not-quite-standard at all.

Note necessarily. Many scanners have auto termination built into
their twin connectors (inside the box). Which allows you to simply
connect the cable and leave the other SCSI connector "open". I think
most devices have built in termination so that the hap hazard users
won't blow their SCSI cards, or motherboards (in the case of Apple).
Either this, or they gave you a terminator, which was a small 50 pin
plug-in device that had two L.E.D.s on it. In any event, you don't
want to leave a SCSI bus unterminated. Ever.

>Regards
>
>Tony Sleep
>http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
>info & comparisons