RE: filmscanners: Scanning 101...A basic question...

> In working with scanning color negatives, if you choose to work with the
> raw file that is supposed to have all the information in pure
> form, what is
> your starting point for getting an acceptable image on your
> monitor as your
> starting point for your adjustments?

First, I set the setpoints (darkest black and whitest white), then I invert
the image (you can do the inversion first if you want).  Then I adjust the
tonal curves.  That's it.

I really can't relate it to darkroom work, sorry...perhaps someone else can?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.