Re: filmscanners: Was New Nikon performance, now dust

In a message dated 6/10/2001 4:13:40 PM EST, kingphoto@mindspring.com writes:

> The T-2500 scan (agfsnipVS) is a bit softer and flatter than the LS-30
>  scan (niksnipVS).  After sharpening and correcting tone on both scans,
>  I thought the T-2500 scan rendered image detail slightly better than
>  the LS-30 (maybe), but these files not sent as Ed requested only the
>  default result.

You need to show the .tif files, not the .jpg files.  The .jpg files
are full of jpeg artifacts.  It's best to put these on a web site
instead of e-mailing them to this list.

In spite of this, it appears clear that the T-2500 doesn't focus
as well as the Nikon scan, and this is most of the reason that
the dust spots are different.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.