Re: filmscanners: Ghosting on the Acer 2740S

The fact that it occurs on multi-pass scans and not otherwise, seems to
suggest an alignment problem.  The scanner might not be able to maintain
perfect alignment with multiple passes.  Since I do not know if these
scanners were designed for multi-pass I can't comment whether this is
considered a defect or not.  However, the 2740S has to do at least two
scans when it does dICE, because the IR scan is done separately from the
visible light scan, so it should hold alignment at least for the two.
I'm not sure the best way to determine if it is doing so, however, other
than perhaps, placing both the IR and visible scan into photoshop and
comparing channels.

Art

Lynn Allen wrote:

> This sounds suspiciously like the "ghosting" that another member was getting
>on astronomy pictures with a different scanner. The jury's still out on what
>is/was causing it.
>
> I can't get my Acer 2027S to do this, although it will produce *other*
>curious aberations. Of course, I don't have IR, either.
>
> Best regards--LRA
> --

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.