filmscanners: 24bit - 48bit dilemma & Work flow suggestions

Hi
        Sorry, for asking pre-discussed topic. Once I get following doubts
cleared, I think<smile>
I will be ready to take on the scanning world.
I am using Minolta Dimage II, VueScan. Scanner has 12bit/channel output & I
am using Adobe Photo 6.0.

This is about 24bits & 48 bits:

Scanner can deliver 36 bits; So I am in a dilemma whether to store the
scanner output in 48bit TIFF file or 24bit TIFF file.
I have thought of following 2 methods, let me know which of the following
will be good.
a) Store 36BIT Scanner output  in 24 bit TIFF file. Edit this 24bit TIFF
file in 8-bit channel in PS. This is easy solution.
b) Store 36BIT Scanner output  in 48 bit TIFF file. Edit this 48bit TIFF
file in 16-bit channel in PS. Then convert 48bit TIFF file to 24 bits.

This is about WorkFlow:
I use Win2000. Reason for using "BruceRGB" is its recommended in "Real World
of Photoshop". Let me know if its a good choice.

I am an amature; At present out-put device is going to be desk-top and I am
not going to print the images in near future.
My negatives have lot of scratches/dust, so I have to scan them again using
another scanner which has ICE.
So I do not want to store the RAW scan.

a) Scan using BruceRGB in VS, Copy to CD1. This I can use for re-editing
provided my editing skills improove.
b) Edit in BruceRGB using Adobe PS. Copy the ouput to CD2.
c) Convert from BruceRGB to sRGB. And convert from TIFF to JPG and store in
CD3.

Please let me know your opinion about my workflow.

Thanks
Ramesh

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.