RE: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: New Nikon performance

Derek writes ...

> In a sense you could say that the Nikon scanners
> do add dust and scratches! To be exact any dust
> and scratches that are there are emphasised
> because of the LED light source that they use.

        To say the Nikons add dust and scratches simply because the light
source emphasizes them is misleading.  If you have a problem with dust
and scratches, then you may indeed be unsatisfied with your scans ...
but it isn't the scanner's fault, and in fact, the Nikons provide the
best solution ... IR dust recognition.

        Afterall, did we ever blame enhanced Tri-X grain on the point source
enlarger we preferred for sharp detail and increased contrast?

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.