Re: filmscanners: [OT] Olympus P-400 printer ???

Nick Taylor wrote:

> Sorry about the off topic post, but I think that most everyone
> that uses a film scanner also has some printer experience.
>
> I'm considering a replacement for my Epson Stylus Color 800
> inkjet printer.  Two printers have been highly recommended to
> me, the Epson Photo Stylus 1280 and the Olympus P-400.  Does
> anyone here have experience with either or both of these
> printers?  I would appreciate any and all comments, experiences,
> suggestions, flames, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>   -Nick T.

I have not used either printer.  The 1280 is an upgrade(?) of the 1270,
I believe.  Be aware that most of the high end Epson printers are now
using the imbedded chip in the ink cartridge.  Unless you are going to
use one of the techniques to defeat this (via software or hardware) you
will be stuck with Epson's ink cartridges and their inks, meaning
expense, narrow ink choices, and if Epson either goes bankrupt or
decided to stop making your ink cart, you'd have an orphaned printer.

If any of these concern you, the newer Epson printers may not be a good
idea.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.