filmscanners: New Nikon performance

I'm interested in learning more about performance differences *other*
than resolution and dynamic range between new and previous generation
Nikon scanners.  Specifically, I'd like to find out whether scans
performed *without* ICE on the new scanners have the same problems
with excessive dust and scratches as on the old scanners, or if this
has been improved, and if so, by how much.  In addition, I'd like to
know if performance *with* ICE has improved when scanning Kodachrome
and B&W films.

Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks,

Dave King