Re: filmscanners: Device Profile in "VueScan"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ramesh Kumar_C" <RKumar_C@zaplet.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 6:13 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Device Profile in "VueScan"

| Maris V. Lidaka, wrote:
| >>As to your second question, yes - "Device Profile" transfers the profile
| of
| >>the scanner.  Vuescan itself does not apply a "Vuescan profile".
|
| Thanks for the response.
|
| Based on your statement, following is my understanding.
|
| Minolta will have provided a Profile file, which will be laying some where
| in my PC. Vuescan will use this profile when "Device RGB" is selected in
| "Color | Color Space".

That is correct.

| In VueScan, "Color | Color Space" shows just "Device RGB". "Device RGB"
| seems to be generic and
| it does not specify the name of the device. I think VS picks the RIGHT
| profile depending on the scanner selected in
| "Device | Mode".

That, too, is correct.  It just accepts and throughputs the color space
selected by or for the scanner.  For example my Nikon LS-30 allows me select
among 5 or 6 color spaces - whichever I choose in the Nikon software carries
through Vuescan into Corel PhotoPaint.  For my Epson flatbed it results in
Epson's preset sRGB.

| In PS6.0 Color space will have the name of the devices too; like "Minolta
| Scan Dual II".

Unfortunately I haven't the foggiest - I use Corel PhotoPaint.

Maris

| |
| | In VueScan, Is it good to use RAW scan or Scan with DeviceProfile?
| |
| |
| | In VueScan, If I select "Device Profile", is it the  profile of the
| scanner?
| | In my PS6.0, I see two profiles related to "Minolta Dimage Dual II ",
but
| | none on Vuescan.
| |
| | Thanks in advance