filmscanners: Scanning Pete Turner's Slides

We had the opportunity to interview Pete Turner, another great
photographer, two weeks ago.

As with Jay Maisel, I have permission to use his images on my web site to
promote the interview. Yesterday I received a package from him containing a
CD of images used in his new book, and eight slides of his classic images
for scanning to produce files to submit to Shutterbug Magazine along with
the interview.

This is where the fun part begins. I spent last even creating 4000 PPI raw
scans, both in VueScan and in Polaroid Insight of his images for archiving.
The images are incredible. Best of all, I have the slides to use for color
matching.

I should have the entire interview up on my web site by the end of next
week. Meanwhile, I pulled out a series of quotes from him about how four of
his most famous images came to be taken. You can read this preview to the
interview at:
http://BermanGraphics.com/press/peteturner.htm

Larry

Larry Berman