Re: filmscanners: open and control

Richard wrote:

> What was that monster Kodak 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 rangefinder (220 film) that they
sold during the war and possibly before?  Beautifully built in the US,
uncoatedoptics that were quite good, it looked like a kid's toy on steriods.

Oooh, that's a toughie. The Medalist was a 620, but it looks and sounds like
you describe. Right years, too--1941-1946. Could also be a Duex, also 620,
1940-1946, but cheap, probably not as heavy as you describe. If you have one
and send it to me, I could get a much better fix on it--I'd pay the shipping
one-way. Don't ever expect to get it back, OTOH. ;-)

The Retina IIIc was in fact one of the last really good cameras Kodak made,
from about 1960. German-made largely, certainly the optics with a Compur
shutter. Kodak also made some reasonably good reflex cameras about then.  I
don't have any of them, but I know of a lake where there's one at the bottom
of. :-)

Best regards--LRA