RE: filmscanners: which scanner for slides ?

David wrote:

>If I remember correctly, SCSI devices need
to be turned on before you boot the system, in order for the SCSI controller
to detect it.

Not on my system (Dell Dimension w/Win98); I just need to turn on the
scanner before I load an acuisition program, and it finds the Acer with no
problem. Buying the Acer includes a SCSI card. I have USB for my flatbed,
and it seems to me it's not as fast at data transfer. But I could be
mistaken.

Best regards--LRA