Re: filmscanners: LS4000 slide removed from mount

All of the Nikon F series, the Canon F1, and the Topcon had 100% viewfinder
coverage.  One of the reason most SLR did not was because registration
(viewfinder/film image coincidence) did not need to be as precise.

Jim Sims

"Enoch's Vision, Inc. (Cary Enoch R...)" wrote:

> At 23:40 02-06-01 -0700, Arthur Entlich wrote:
> >As some may know, almost all viewfinders, except one Contax and a couple
> >of older Nikons (F2, I think) and maybe one other camera which give 100%
> >view of what ends up on the film) The vast majority of camera view finders
> >show only 92-96% of the image which is recorded to the film frame.
>
> Just FYI, the Canon EOS1n and EOS-1v have this ability. I use the former
> for copy work and rely on the 100% viewfinder feature extensively. I never
> shoot images all the way to the edge but with the 100% viewfinder coverage
> I don't have to worry about it either. I believe the Nikon F4 and F5 have
> the same capability.
>
> Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
> http://www.enochsvision.com/ http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
> these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
> The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
> ~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.