Re: FW: filmscanners: What is 4,000 scanner quality like in practice.

In a message dated 25/5/01 1:37:27 am, walexander@leisurepublishing.com
writes:

<<
Please forgive the group newbie, but is that $7.50 us for a drum scan and is
it considered pricey??? HOLY *#!%!!! I pay $28-$40/scan!!! Am I being taken
for a ride? Please if anyone can suggest a less expensive vendor please do
so!

William Alexander
Art Director
Leisure Publishing Company
540-989-6138

Dear William

Sorry it was english pounds which makes it about $10.

Like all things connected to computers the high end stuff is getting more
sophisticated too. Drum Scanners like the CGI can put through many more scans
per hour than the older scanners like the Crosfield. When I went to the IPEX
print show a couple of years ago the CGI was the most expensive scanner there
but because of the clever design was capable of much greater productivity.

Yours

Bob Croxford
Cornwall
England