Re: filmscanners: OT-ish - Ektachrome E100VS

At 09:31 AM 23/05/01 +1000, Joel & Rob wrote:
> >.. The E100VS can be a little OTT in really warm light
>
>I tried one roll after the lab raved about it.  Some photos I took of a
>sunset have saturated in quite bizarre ways.

And another 2c worth - I was unfortunate enough to shoot a roll of E100VS
on a model in late afternoon sunlight..  Her fleshtones went off the
planet, with very weird saturated yellow-gold areas, almost
'solarised'.  It looked as if I had used some technique to deliberately get
the effect..

I admit it was processed by a non-pro lab, so this ain't scientific
evidence, but I would hesitate to ever use this film again in early morning
or late afternoon light, esp. now after hearing these comments on the list.

Mark T.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.