Re: filmscanners: Ektachrome E100VS bad?

>From: Roger Smith <rsmith@unb.ca>
        Anybody out there used Kodak's E100VS film?

Roger,
I use this film in addition to Provia F and Velvia. I prefer Velvia for
landscape.  The E100VS can be a little OTT in really warm light, but it is
often very good in flat light that can make Provia F look dull.  I guess I
tend to use it as a little bit faster counterpart to Velvia.  I frequently
use it when I want to handhold shots, whereas the Velvia stays on the
tripod.  Provia F is a little more versatile in recording beautiful light
well but also being not bad for the occasional "people shot."  In cold light
greens can look awfully bluish for my taste.

In short, it has its place among my shooters anyway. I'm glad it's not the
only film out there, but I'm glad it's out there.

Joel W.