RE: filmscanners: Batchscanning with vuescan

Bernhard wrote:
> I am using Vuescan for scanning negatives and dia slides.
[snip]
> Unfortunately the red color on the negatives sometimes
> gets so bright, that I cannot use the result any more.

I've mentioned excessively saturated reds with the LS30
to Ed a couple of times.

> If I am using the "usual" procedure instead for
> scanning the negative one by one (not saving the raw
> data), everything is working real fine.

I forget the setting but there's a way in Vuescan to
fix the exposure based on the first preview.  Is this
possibly what is happening?

What version of Vuescan are you using?

Try renaming the existing vuescan.ini and allowing the
program to create a new default one.  Then try a
troublesome strip of film and see if it makes a
difference.  Also, try using a different colour space
like Adobe RGB not sRGB.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com