Re: filmscanners: Corrupted Photo CD

Hi Steve,

Good questions. I'm not sure if I've ever used the images off this CD. I
had drum scans of my original 120 transparencies and have worked from them
in the past. There was no need to use files that were created from 35mm
dupes of 120 film and then scanned to a Photo CD.

So you're saying it probably was operator error in creating the disk?

It opens normally with no noise on two computers, though I'll now test it
more thoroughly.

Thanks,

Larry

>Did you ever look at this particular CD before - it looks more like a fault
>prior to the CD being written. A media error is not likely to give such
>linear lines - it is more likely to refuse completely or miss blocks of the
>picture.
>
>Does your reader have trouble reading the disc i.e. does it make a noise
>which changes frequently?
>
>If it does try another machine/reader (cd-writers are generally more
>forgiving).

Larry Berman

http://BermanGraphics.com
http://IRDreams.com