Re: filmscanners: A Good Epson Customer Service Story

If I remember correctly, the 2000P Color Cart is 3 color vs. 5 for the 1270

MIke

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@ampsc.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 21:40
Subject: Re: filmscanners: A Good Epson Customer Service Story

Some of you 1270 owners might be interested in something I picked up at
a web site which deals with ink refilling.

Apparently, the 1270 and 2000P color cartridge (Don't know about the
black) is the same shell. However, when if you normally try to put a
2000P cart into a 1270 it shows up as being empty (via info from the
chip). One person claimed that by using the trick to re-write the chip
using a brand new Epson cartridge, he was able to trick his 1270 to
think it had a 1270 color cart in it, when actually it had the 2000P
cart in it.  He claims to be happily printing away with the 2000P cart
in his 1270.

Now, if this is true, it means you can get a pretty inexpensive archival
printer by buying the 1270 and using the reprogrammed 2000P carts in it.
  To say I wouldn't be surprised that Epson might have made two
basically identical printers, but charges over twice the price for the
2000P does not surprise me lately.

As much as I like Epson's product line this thing with the chipped cart
burns me. BTW, the same site had a rumor that Epson is re-writing the
software so the "chip trick" to reprogram an empty as full, will no
longer work.

I stand by none of this info as accurate.

Art

Jeffrey Goggin wrote:

>> With all the complaining we do about the hardware and software
>> manufacturers, I felt a need to tell a good story for a change.
>

> To my surprise, when the refurbished 1270 I recently purchased proved DOA,
> they sent me a NEW one as a replacement instead of another refurbished one.
>  So, for $261 delivered and a few days of downtime, I ended up with a new
> 1270 ... too bad they don't have any refurb 2000s or 5500s available yet.  :^(
>

> Jeff Goggin
> Scottsdale, AZ

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.