Re: filmscanners: VueScan Long Exposure Pass

On Fri, 4 May 2001 EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:

> Would anyone object if I removed the Long exposure pass
> option from VueScan?  It seems to have problems on most
> scanners with CCD charge bleeding from overexposed pixels,
> and it does more harm than good (in my opinion).

Ed, did you ever add the ability to adjust the length of the long exposure
pass?  As I recall during the discussion when you were adding this
feature, you said that various scanners had the ability to do long
exposures at 2x, 3x, 4x, etc.  After the charge bleeding issues came up, I
suggested that VueScan include the option to select the length of the
exposure, so that people seeing blooming could turn down the exposure time
to minimize the problem.

Would adding this, along with the warning box, be better than eliminating
the option?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.