RE: filmscanners: Cleaning slides (PEC tips)

        While I am not seeking to challenge the validity of your
        claim for Digital ICE, I do question your offering it as
        a solution to a user's problem when you know that the user
        cannot get Digital ICE as a separate application and that
        not every scanner has an infrared channel so as to enable
        the user to make use of Digital ICE even if it were available
        as a stand alone application.  In some cases, you are
        suggesting  - nay, recommending - the user buy a new scanner
        that has your product bundled with it if the user
        happens not to have a scanner that came with Digital ICE.

I don't see anything wrong with this. People are allowed to buy
new scanners if they want, and some do; ICE is a valid reason to
buy; if ICE is good for fingerprints, so much the better for it.

However, I wonder how ICE can compensate for fingerprints that are
in the shape of the emulsion: I thought it just detected opaque
material.

Bill Ross

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.