Re: filmscanners: Dust and scratch removal on BW

Jack Phipps wrote:

> I saw FARE demonstrations at PMA in February. I recommend you do a
> comparison between FARE and Digital ICE before you purchase a Canon scanner.
>

> Jack Phipps
>
> Applied Science Fiction

What isn't said in this message is more the content of it, than what is.

It should be mentioned, for those who are unfamiliar, that Applied
Science Fiction owns the license rights to digital ICE, which Canon was
able to by-pass through a change of at least name, and, I imagine some
other factors.

Has anyone else seen the two at work and would like to comment?  For
instance, perhaps the Acer Scanwit 2740's ICE versus the Canon FARE,
since I believe both use two scans to get there?

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.