Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000 scanner

In a message dated 4/24/2001 12:44:16 PM EST, peegee@btinternet.com writes:

> I am reliably informed that the Nikon 8000 scanner goes on sale next week in
>  the UK.
>  Price around £2600 including sales tax (17.5%)
>  Anyone got one in the US yet?
>  Is Vuescan supporting yet Ed?

I have the code in VueScan already to support this, but I suspect there
will be a few glitches I'll need to iron out.  I've got FireWire support
working on Windows 98/ME now (it already works on Windows 2000)
and I'll release this in VueScan 7.0.15 in a day or two.  I don't have
firewire support working on Mac OS yet, but I installed OS 9.1
yesterday and hope to work on FireWire on Mac OS in the next few
weeks.

I didn't think the LS-8000 would be available till June, but it's always
possible that they're early with the shipments.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.