Re: filmscanners: scanner dilemma

Pat:  You do not give up GEM or ROC when using Vuescan.  Vuescan has its
own version of GEM and ROC.  ROC is initiated with the restore color
box, I believe in the color tab.  If you select the cleaning option of
either Scour and Scrub, you implement the GEM function.

Many of us are hoping that Ed Hamrick will eventually separate the GEM
function from the cleaning functions with a separate selection box or
drop down..

Gordon