Re: filmscanners: Polaroid 4000 dpi

In a message dated 4/23/2001 11:25:15 AM EST, jdubikins@hotmail.com writes:

> I haven't been following the discussion of the Nikon 4000 other than to
>  catch snippets about edge-to-edge focusing problems/allegations.

It still isn't clear if the edge-to-edge focusing issue is caused by
the lens of the camera taking the test images or if it's caused by
a limited depth of field of the LS-4000.

An easy way to test this would be to scan a dusty negative at
4000 dpi and then seeing if the dust spots are equally focused
at the edges as in the center.  Doing this test with both negatives
and slides would be interesting (slides seem to have more of a
bow sometimes than negatives).

>  But I have no actual
>  disappointments with the SS4000 at all.

It's a very nice scanner.  The whole focus process is a bit slow,
but the image quality is excellent.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.