RE: filmscanners: Lot of newbie questions

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Geraghty [mailto:harper@wordweb.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 6:56 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Lot of newbie questions

Davorin Palijan wrote in HTML (pease post in plain text!):
>2. Why do I get some strange "double line" on one
>side of the slide frame? It looks like black, unsharp line
>running parallel to one of the longer sides of frame.

Sounds like a shadow of the slide mount.

>5. I've been trying Vuescan and since it seems that consensus
>on this list is that the best way to use it is to output raw files
>that's what I've been doing but...

Er - the intention of using a raw scan is to save it so you never have
to scan the slide again.  The working TIFF should be a crop which
has been adjusted for film type, colour space etc.  This also lets
you adjust the brightness of the image.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.