Re: filmscanners: Burning CD's

Thanks for the urls, I will investigate.

However, as you state, I am not worried about re-writing these disks 30
years from now.  If I put information on them is it because I might wish
to re-write it in the next few years. Thirty years from now, very
simply, no one will be using CD-R or CD-RW.

Lastly, although TDK may have a potentially 100 year CD-R disk, many,
many others will not last that long.

So, based upon this admittedly cursory info, I think my decision ti use
CD-RW for anything that is in transition over the next several years
will not be a disadvantage and may have an advantage.

Now, just to toss one more wrench in the mix, I know PD disks used a
metal (Tellurium?) which was considered potentially hazardous.  I don't
know what is used in the CD-RWs versus the CD-Rs and which is worse for
the environment.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.