Re: filmscanners: Printing A3 from a 2700dpi scan

At 09:43 AM 4/04/01 +1000, Rob wrote:
>OK, but as I mentioned earlier - we're talking about *negatives*
>where this problem is most evident, not transparencies, so the
>colour the CCD sees isn't blue at all.
>
>Does anyone know whether the grain sizes vary with the dye
>colour?
Yes, they certainly do.  And I am very cross with myself for not keeping a
bookmark for a site that had extreme magnifications of cyan, magenta, and
yellow areas on show for a number of reversal films.  The site was just a
work in progress, but do you think I can find it again (not even in history
- sigh).

If anyone knows of the site, or one similar, please let me know..

I might even have a go myself - I can get access to a good 'scope hooked up
to a PC.  But finding the time to do it all is the issue..

MT

>Rob
>

>Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
>http://wordweb.com