Re: filmscanners: Printing A3 from a 2700dpi scan

Joe wrote:
> CCD's (Charged Couple Device) used in scanners and digital cameras
> are least sensitive to blues, making it difficult for them to
> interpret those colors correctly. File compression (such as with
> jpeg) can also contribute to noise in the blue channel.

OK, but as I mentioned earlier - we're talking about *negatives*
where this problem is most evident, not transparencies, so the
colour the CCD sees isn't blue at all.

Does anyone know whether the grain sizes vary with the dye
colour?

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com